Friday, May 20, 2011

(Val's) Mission accomplished

You are reading the words of a very happy woman who is still quite elated that she drove four pretty decent laps on the Nürburgring (Nordschleife) earlier this evening. I would have been able to do more except that just prior to the touristfahren beginning, a new McLaren that was being tested crashed, and the touristfahren was delayed for an hour for track cleanup. Barely saw the McLaren but it could be heard roaring down the straight near the entry point for the touristfahren. Or was that a jet? 

Martin Dose, who's been driving the 'ring for over 30 years, was my instructor. He drove a lap in the track prepped VW Scirocco I rented for the occasion (great car) while explaining the line, then I got behind the wheel and he skillfully guided me through my laps. What an experience. Doing the Audi event at Grattan a couple weeks ago to refresh my track skills paid off, especially since I didn't get on a track at all last year.


Tomorrow we return to Waldenbuch, with trips to Mercedes and the Ritter Museum to work in before we leave Monday morning. How time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment